Dear Camp Families,
Welcome to #CAMPERNST AT HOME!
At YMCA Camp Ernst, we have been partners with parents in youth development since 1928. Camp is a critical space for kids to learn independence, self-reliance, friend-making, confidence, and so much more. Without school everyday this spring, we know camp will be even more necessary for kids’ development and mental health this summer.
Speaking of summer, we are moving ahead with plans for an amazing summer, 2020! The new cabins are almost complete, campers are registering, staff is being hired and on-boarded, and we are consulting with experts on ways to enhance our health and safety. Stay tuned to this page and our social media as we continue to evaluate what summer camp will look like this year.
In the mean time, however, we have created this page as a resource for you.
Please reach out if there’s anything we can do to support your family in this time. The camp office is not open but I will check voicemails (859-586-6181) or you can call/text my cell: 859-912-3457. The office email is firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to interacting with you virtually—until we can be together around the campfire again!
VIRTUAL CAMP HANGOUT
Join us online every Monday-Friday for some virtual camp fun. We will have songs, skits, games, interviews, behind the scene tours, special guests, and friendship. You may even get to see a few of your favorite camp counselors! Check back here or on our social media for updates on what’s scheduled.
Join by using this link https://zoom.us/j/609205423
(Make sure you have parent/guardian permission before joining! There is no need to create an account. If you are using an I-phone, you will need to download the free app to access the call).
CAMP FUN WITH CAMP COUNSELORS
Camp misses you and so do our amazing camp counselors. Check back weekly for video updates, activities, and fun from our camp team.
OUR FAVORITES FROM CAMP ERNST TV
Here are some of our favorites from our youtube channel youtube.com/campernsttv. Check out all of our videos from over the years and let us know your favorite. This week, here are some of Josh’s favorites!
- Cole and Sam Beaver Hunt: Back in 2010, Cole and Sam went on a beaver hunt here at camp. Things they will have any luck?
- I’ll test my log with every branch of knowledge: Did you know log starred in a fine arts movie back in 2013?
- Untold Stories of Camp Counselors: See if you recognize any of these counselor impressions from 2013
- Favorites from past weeks
OTHER RESOURCES FOR FAMILIES
There are lots of resources available online right now. Here are a few that we like.
- Try this online madlib from our friends at the Boone County Conservation District!
- Museum Asks People To Recreate Paintings With Stuff They Can Find at Home, Here Are The Results
- Library of Congress has fun interactive stuff with the author of Captain Underpants books, which were beloved by my boys! -eli
- Favorites from past weeks