YMCA Camp Ernst hosts many groups throughout the fall and spring which share in our mission. We offer lodging, activities, and food service. Availability is dependent on weather, seasonal conditions, and staff availability.
Traditional Camping Activities
Can include: Fishing, Archery, BB Guns, Nature Hikes, Creek Exploration, Sports and Games, Songs and Skits, etc.
High Ropes Course
Can include: Zipline, Rock Climbing Wall, Airwalk, Burma Bridge, and Giant Swing
Low Ropes Course (Group Initiatives)
Can include: Balance Beam, All Aboard, Spider Web, Traffic Jam, Nitro-Crossing, Island Hopping, and more
Can include: Canoeing, Kayaking, Aqua-Cycling (seasonal activities)
Age 9 and older: Trail Rides
Under 9: Ring Rides
*Activity availability is dependent on weather, seasonal conditions, and current staff availability.
Lodge includes 8 cabins (sleeping 118 total), 2 lobby spaces that can be used for indoor games or group gatherings, 1 large dining hall, 2 bathrooms. This is the only lodging available year round with heat for colder months.
- Valley Cabins: We have 18 free standing cabins that sleep between 16 and 20 people each. There are no attached bathrooms but bath houses are a short walk from cabins.
- The Loft: 7 Cabins and 2 bathrooms that are all attached. The loft can sleep up to 120 people.
- The Longhouse: 2 large cabins. One side sleeps 22 and the other side sleeps 42. There are no attached bathrooms but a bath house is nearby.
- Yurts: 4 circular tent cabins (yurts) are available overlooking the lake. They sleep up to 20 people each. The bath house is a short walk from the cabins.
- Tent Camping: We have space available for tent camping, but we do not provide tents.
All meals are served family style at YMCA Camp Ernst. A meal consists of a main dish, side items, drinks, and a dessert. Each meal will have a vegetarian option available.
Basic Meal Plan Option (in addition to food served on table):
- Breakfast: Whole Fruit (apples, oranges, bananas), bread, peanut butter and jelly, butter, milk, cereal
- Lunch/Dinner: Whole fruit, bread, peanut butter and jelly, basic salad bar options
Premium Meal Option (everything from the basic meal plan with these additional offerings):
- Breakfast: Fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, cream cheese, hot tea
- Lunch/Dinner: Deluxe salad bar, baked potatoes, hot alternative, iced tea
Please let us know about any food allergies or special accommodations we may need to make.