As you prepare for camp here is some pertinent information.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Camp Balance - pay at least 2 weeks before camper arrives. Click here to make a payment online.
- Fill out your health form online. Log in to your account using the email we have on file. If you are unsure of your login, please contact the office and we can send you an activation link. Once logged in, click on view registrations under the summer season and complete all the required forms.
- Cabin Assignments - review and call office with any questions or concerns (Cabin assignments are emailed approximately 1 week before your camp week)
Familiarize yourself with camp - click here if you would like a printable map and sample daily schedule to get your camper comfortable with camp before they arrive. Click here to view the parent manual.
Campers will have mail call every day after dinner. Many parents will drop off camper mail labeled for each day of the week on Sunday during check-in rather than trying to mail them all ahead of time. This is a great method. The mail can be dropped off in each unit and will be taken to the office to be sorted with all the other camp mail. Make sure each piece of mail is labeled with:
- Camper’s name
- Camper’s cabin
- Week attending
- Day you would like it delivered
Click here to find out other ways to stay connected to your camper while they are away!
Homesickness is common at resident camp. The Camp Ernst policy on homesickness is that counselors will work individually with campers to help them work through their homesickness. The most common time for homesickness is right before bed or during some of the rest periods throughout the day. Counselors will get in touch with you if the homesickness is severe and they need some additional support. We rarely allow campers to call home or talk to their parents on the phone because it usually makes the homesickness worse. Each camper’s homesickness is unique and the counselors are trained to help each camper individually. Some resources for families to look at before campers arrive at camp are listed below:
- Arrive in the order of first letter of last name: A-L 3 - 3:30 p.m. and M-Z 3:30 - 4 p.m.
- Check in at cabin
- Go to merchandise table to pick-up pre-purchased items (or purchase at the table)
- Go to nurse table (only if you have any medication such as prescription/over the counter/viatamins)
- Pick-up in order of first letter of last name: M-Z 9 a.m. and A-L 9:15 a.m.
- Pick-up at cabin
- Receive check out packet from counselor
- Sign up for next summer!
We don't recommend it, but if it is necessary to pick-up or drop-off your camper(s) during the week, please make arrangements with your child, their counselor and the office. Special pick-up or drop-off must occur at the office; please call ahead.
Be sure to check out our packing list and label all of your campers belongings!